January 2015 delivers another important date in the ongoing auto enrolment timetable.
We’re in the middle of a staged introduction of this pensions initiative which requires employers with at least one employee (meeting certain criteria) to automatically enroll them into a pension scheme. The largest employers should already have done it. On 1st January 2015, it’s the turn of employers who have 58 PAYE scheme members. More staging dates will follow.
If you haven’t started thinking about auto enrolment, make it your new year’s resolution. Employees who are aged between 22 and state pension age, who earn at least £10,000 per year and who work in the UK are entitled to be enrolled on your pension scheme from your staging date, so check when this is. You need to work out who is eligible, choose your pension provider and begin the important task of communicating this to your workforce.
There are processes to be designed, contribution levels to be decided, payroll systems to be aligned and staff to be brought up to speed on the changes. Getting to grips with this as far in advance of your staging date as possible is your best bet.
- Agency Workers
- Case Studies
- Allegations of Sexual Abuse
- Associations with those convicted of a serious criminal offence
- Diabetes and Disability
- Human Rights
- Knowledge of Disability
- Reasonable Adjustments
- Reasonable Adjustments and Time Limits
- Religion & Belief
- Requirement of formal interview is disability discrimination
- Restrictive Covenants
- Right to be Accompanied
- Sexual orientation
- Social Media
- Strike Outs
- Time Limits
- Unfair Dismissal
- Voice Recording Meetings
- Worker Status
- Working Time
- A new flexible working culture for the UK?
- Discrimination Questionnaires bite the dust
- Disqualification by association
- Employment Tribunal Fees
- Mandatory ACAS Conciliation?
- Massive reduction in ET Claims
- New Regulations
- Obese Employees and Disability
- Partners' New Rights to Attend Ante-Natal Appointments
- Pensions auto-enrolment
- Redundancy and Maternity Leave
- Shared Parental Leave
- SSP no longer reclaimable by Employers
- The European Court of Justice says: 'holiday pay must include commission'
- UK Constitution
- Unfair Dismissal Compensation
- Without Prejudice and Protected Conversations
- Zero Hours Contracts